Wednesday, September 4, 2013

What do 5th graders like to read?


Glory Hallelujah!!  I'm in my new position as a preK-12th grade Teacher Librarian.   I have landed in Quito, Ecuador at an American International School called Academia Cotopaxi.  The language of instruction is English, but there are a large number of ESL students.  So, hence the collection is a mix of English and Spanish books. 

Last week, a new to 5th grade teacher asked me to share some books that 5th graders might enjoy.  In particular, she was curious about fantasy and science fiction.  I have collected 30 that are a range of all the genres and reading levels that I have seen walk out in 5th graders hands.

I did a quick search and here are some more book recommendations to give to a 5th grader.





Happy Reading,

Mrs. G-M






No comments:

Post a Comment