Thursday, September 5, 2013

Teddy Roosevelt on the Amazon, who knew?


Goodreads Summary




It's hard to believe since I am a Teacher Librarian, but I am in my first adult book club.  Our first book is about Teddy Roosevelt traveling and exploring a tributary to the Amazon River.  Being that we are in Ecuador and to the East of Quito is the Amazon.

My passion is fiction...nonfiction books unless it is a cookbook, have always been a challenge for me to read.  "The River of Doubt" was no different for me.  I found parts that intrigued me and kept me going, but overall I kept wishing there was a movie.  However, I can see myself referring back to certain sections that shared in detail natural history of this bio diverse region of the world. 

Here are a few links to some extra information about the book and Teddy Roosevelt.

Reading Group Guide 

Article from Time Magazine about expedition 

Part one of a video series on the expedition



Biography on President Teddy Roosevelt...kinda long, but very interesting.


NPR story tracing the expedition on The River of Doubt

And lastly, National Geographic channel did a series of shows on the fish along the Rio Roosevelt.  You can find information about it here.

Happy Reading,

Mrs. G-M 


No comments:

Post a Comment